Hospital Impact reports that in order to reduce preventable medial errors that result in hospital re-admissions the following changes need to be considered:
1. Transition physician reimbursement from fee for service to capitation with incentives for value
2. Create significant financial incentives for management to invest in a disease management infrastructure
3. Implement rigorous disease management for high-risk populations
4. Horizontally integrate case and risk management beyond the hospital's wall
5. Utilize evidence-based pathways both in and out of the hospital
For the full article visit http://www.hospitalimpact.org/index.php/2012/09/13/reducing_readmissions...